Tuesday, August 9, 2011

WHAT DOES "CARE" REALLY MEAN?


I was driving down the road and noticed these signs:
  • Primary Care Group – “Our family caring for yours”
  • “Total Car Care”
I began to think about the word care.  It is a common word and is used in a lot of ways:
  • When letting someone down gently: “I care for you – but I don’t love you”.
  • In a time of anger:  “You don’t even care about me!”
  • When we don’t like something:  “I don’t care for that”.
  • As a caution:  “Take care of yourself”.
  •  
1 Peter 5:7 says:

Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you

Psalm 23
 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
       he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he restores my soul.
       He guides me in paths of righteousness
       for his name's sake.
 4 Even though I walk
       through the valley of the shadow of death, [
a]
       I will fear no evil,
       for you are with me;
       your rod and your staff,
       they comfort me.
 5 You prepare a table before me
       in the presence of my enemies.
       You anoint my head with oil;
       my cup overflows.
 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
       all the days of my life,
       and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
       forever.

I don’t know of anyone here on earth that can care for me like God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment